Tuesday 2 September 2008

Tomorrow is the day...

...when I can finally go & collect my new bike. I'm not sure whether I am excited or scared! Maybe a little of both.

I have a day off work tomorrow as it is the last day of the school holidays, and as Toby has invited a friend round for the day it means that I will have not one but TWO 6 year old spectators with me when I try to balance on two wheels for the first time since 1980-something! Cue lots of giggles from the 2 boys!! I suppose I should be grateful that they are not older as at least there will not be any photographic evidence of my embarrassing first attempt.

I have already told Peter at the bike shop that fitting the gel saddle is top priority - and have added a cycle computer to my list of equipment as I definitely need to know how far I am cycling each time.

Watch this space for tales of bruises & embarrassment, aching muscles & "does my bum look big in this" type questions (well, cycling shorts are just NOT flattering are they! especially with padding!) ;-)

No comments: