Monday 15 September 2008

So far so good....

Yesterday I went for my first "proper" bike ride - 8 miles along the Thames Path on the National Cycle Network route 1. I'm actually quite pleased with myself! Hubby came along to keep me company (and, I suspect, so that he could have a good laugh if I did fall off - which I didnt, so there!!) having bought himself a bike just as the shops closed on Saturday. All we need now is for Toby to learn how to stay upright on 2 wheels & we can all go out together at the weekends :-) Of course, as I build up to longer distances I will have to be going it alone most of the time as Toby is only 6! (or 7 after this coming Saturday - where did that time go??!)

Fundraising is going well too - £905 so far plus some people who have said they will definitely sponsor me but haven't yet said how much ;-) So a BIG thank you to everyone who has sponsored me so far or is about to do so.......I know that there is a long way to go yet.

No comments: