Thursday 20 November 2008

Curry Night Success :-)

Well, the last couple of weeks have not been very good for my training (dark nights, rain, cold, hubby on shift meaning no one to look after Toby if I go out on my bike, plus dreaded exams looming in.....eeek! less than 2 weeks!!) BUT I have made great progress with my fundraising :-)

I held my first Curry Night fundraiser on Tuesday 11th November and was getting increasingly nervous during the days beforehand, especially when a couple of people had to cancel at short notice :-( Hubby stepped in to save the day, not only by keeping the numbers up with both himself and Toby coming along to join me and my colleagues for a FANTASTIC meal at The Empress in Leman St, E1. but also by paying the ENTIRE drinks bill for the evening, meaning that all contributions from those present could be added to the charity 'pot'.

Together with a couple of additional donations from those who had to cancel, we raised a whopping ONE HUNDRED & EIGHTY POUNDS!! :-D

Unfortunately I had forgotten to take my camera, so no photos to record the event but I have another curry night being held locally this coming Sunday so will take some then. (Am also getting to meet my brother-in-law and his family for the first time at this event, so if I didn't feel nervous before - I am now!)

2 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow Kirsti that was good going and how lovely and supportive of Dean. Hopeyou have another successful curry night on Sunday and that the weather holds and you can get out and about on your bike. Good luck with the exams too. xx

Anonymous said...

Hello my lovely!
Curry night sounded SO good! And I feel a LOT better knowing that the cold nights, rain and working husband have curtailed your cycling too. We are similar in SO many ways! Have been to our local cinema to get organised for High School Musical night i a couple of weeks. EEEEK! I'll have to speak in public in front of 500 people....nothing to worry about!!
And exams for you - poor thing!! Thinking about you! Karen xxx